jeudi 24 janvier 2013

winter ateliér .. ateliér d'hiver

So while I wish I could say I lead the cosmopolitan life, shuttering the shop to take wild adventurous voyages ... I must confess that it is the period where I truly lead the modern pioneer life! At the coldest point of the season, my kitchen is converted to workshop. Paints and implements are dragged in and used close by the fire. Paint is splattered on the (thankfully) painted and distressed floor. At some point in the future I may or may not sand the offending colors off ... or decide that they lend a more 'bohemian' aspect to the room. (lazy girl's obfuscation). I usually look around and think, "wow, if anyone saw my life now, they'd think ugh, what is this woman thinking? who wants a kitchen like this?" I now understand that whole fable about the cobbler's shoeless children... my many home ideas and projects typically give way for the latest shop brainstorm.

Imagine my glee when I stumbled across this blog post from Les Couronnes Sauvages. (more on that stumble in a future post!)

Not only is the author a lover of furniture and design and beautiful paints ... but I recognize myself in that kitchen. A thing of beauty and whirling dervishes and lofty ideals and circus-like juggling.

You will have to visit my other blog, Je Regrette Rien for more musings on why we soldier on, the trade-offs of a life in a foreign land.

But how encouraging to see familiar territory, familiar travellers braving it all with vigor.

Not to mention that Claire, the propriétaire hosts a lovely boutique in the north with wildly colorful blooms, all mention of sweet treasures, beautiful paints and workshops ... just the sort of spot I would careen to a halt for in one of my week-end meanderings.

I suppose, to be fair, I should share some sort of snapshot of my kitchen .... ok, well, just a corner then

et maintenant, je vais essayer en francais ... oo la. bon. Je voudrais vous dire je suis un vrai cosmopolite et chaque hiver, je travers le monde pour la vie 'jet-set'. Malheureusement, c'est pas vrais. L'invers, il est le moment de la vrais vie pioneer. Le froid, le silence, le sobriété...

Il faut faire un ateliér dans la cuisine! j'amene tout mes peinture, mes outils et j'attaque mes projets en face de la cheminé! mon plancher, heureusement déja peint, souffre de la peinture renversée en silence. quand je la regarde, je me demande .. imaginez si quelqu'un a vu cela, ils ne pensent qu'à une personne folle voudrait cette cuisine!!! mais c'est comme ça, toujours mes projets à la maison sont fournis après mes projets de The Bohemians!

donc, imaginez mon joie quand j'ai vu un blog à Les Couronnes Sauvages. une femme comme moi avec une cuisine pareil! une cuisine qui reflet un spirit un peu pioneer et un peu jongleur, sauvage, artistique...formidable! EXCELLENTE!

et plus, visitez son site! elle es amoureuse avec tout les choses déco, les petits trésors, les fleurs bien coloré .. la belle peinture.

je pense peut-être une vrais ame-soeur?

vous pouvez visiter mon autre site de blog personnel, Je Regrette Rien à decouverte plus (seulement en Anglais ... desolé) ou si vous voudrais me corrige, bien sûr, laissez un commentaire pour moi!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire